
Today, I'd like to write about write about Japanese people.
When you ride in train, you can see many people in the train using keitai denwa. Some of salary-men read newspaper, some of women make up. Many of them use keitai and send keitai mail. Each people spend their own time by keitai mail. I think this is playing alone, in Japanese, "hitori-asobi".
When you ride in train, you can see many people in the train using keitai denwa. Some of salary-men read newspaper, some of women make up. Many of them use keitai and send keitai mail. Each people spend their own time by keitai mail. I think this is playing alone, in Japanese, "hitori-asobi".
absorbed in reading books, newspaper, using keitai, Nintendo DS, making up. However these things causes bad situations. That's why people doesn't care about people his/her around.In Japan, people think making up in public as shame manner, because it is Japanese manner! When I see a woman making up, I feel uncomfortable and I regard this woman as not knowing manner.
One of Japanese value is style in Japanese "hinkaku". Recently series of book which about hinkaku is very popular. Josei no Hinkaku(women's style), Oya no Hinkaku(parents' style) which are written by Mariko Bandou are bestseller, so number of people who care about manner is increasing.
Now, manner problem dependes on each people's moral.


2 件のコメント:
How is it that Japanese people are able to sleep on the train, and then suddenly wake up right before their stop? It seems like a magical skill they have.
Train behavior is a very interesting topic. Sometimes I devote a whole class to it in my Contemporary Issues in Japanese Society and Culture course with the main question being: Are Japanese people really so well mannered? There have been lots if interesting articles in English and Japanese on this topic.
With this said, I would like you to go into more detail about train behavior. Give us more than mere descriptions of what people are doing. Why are people doing rude things on the train? (Why does it bother you when women put make-up on in the train?) Does Bando discuss these issues in her books? I'd like more information about Bando in general and what her books are saying about the topic. Please provide more than titles and Japanese links. Remember your audience is English speaking and reading. You don't have to translate everything in the link, of course, but give us a little summary, especially in relation to how it is important to your blog post.
Your pictures are small and hard to see... Do you think it is OK to take pictures of people on the train? Did they know you were doing it?
-scf
コメントを投稿